Balsamic Veggies and Quinoa Vegetarian Dinner Recipe
This past weekend, I decided to brush up on some of favorite recipes. Here is a staple of mine that is vegetarian but you can add shrimp or grilled chicken to it if you want. I had it with a Food For Life chicken patty which is now my favorite vegetarian chick’n patty.
This recipe is for 2 people
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup of water (If you have chicken broth/stock on hand, feel free to add a splash or substitute.)
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup of spinach (frozen but you can use fresh)
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of goat or feta cheese
- 3 dashes of garlic powder
Rinse quinoa. Place in a pot with water and bring to a boil, then turn down heat and bring to a simmer. After 5 minutes of simmering, add onions, sundried tomotoes and mushrooms. Since this is not a baking recipe, play with the amount of vegetables. Don’t have one on my recipe? Don’t worry, add your own or nothing at all. After another 5 minutes, add the spinach. Cover for another minute or two or until the spinach is wilted or unfrozen. Lift off the cover and and mix the ingredients well. If there is a lot of water, feel free to bring back to a boil to burn it off. If not, add the cheese. Mix well and serve as is or add a chick’n patty like I did for extra protein.