My new fitness obsession is this ab series I filmed this week. I have been doing this for a couple weeks now at the gym and couldn’t wait to upload the sequence to share with all of you. It is super challenging and will leave you a little out of breath. It places no strain on your neck and works the entire midsection, including obliques!
The clothes featured in the video were sent to me by Champion USA as part of the ‘Shape Your Life’ Blogger Ambassador Program. The Champion Stylist recommended this outfit to me for yoga… although I personally think it works better for running. The shorts are slightly longer than most running bottoms, which I love. It makes them more flattering and comfortable. I wore them on a hot summer day to go for my long run and did not have any chaffing. They also have the built in underwear. The top is perfect for hot workouts as well. I hate wearing tops with a built in sports bra for my long runs given I need to double up on bras and it just makes me that much hotter during my workout. I love the colors and flattering feminine fit. The material wicked away sweat from my body keeping me mostly dry.
Here is the workout from the video above:
1. Start in a forearm plank. Lift one foot, with a pointed toe, squeezing your glutes for 10 seconds. Switch legs and repeat.
2. Next, hold forearm plank and tap your left toe 6 inches out to the left and bring it back to start. Next, tap your foot to the right and bring it back. Repeat, left right taps for a total of 10 on each side.
3. Hold forearm plank for a count of 10 seconds.
4. Pushup up into a high plank. Lower back down into a low plank. Repeat low plank to high plank for a total of 5 times.
5. Hold high plank for a total of 10 seconds and rest for 60 seconds.
6. Move into a side plank position on your forearm. Stack feet, both flexed, and make sure hips are on top of one another. Lift arm up towards the sky. Reach arm around chest, trying to touch the back side of your lower rib cage, almost like giving yourself a one armed bear hug. Rotate shoulder slightly towards the ground and then reach back up to starting position. Repeat for a total of 10 repetitions.
7. Next, keep arm reaching up towards the sky and lift top leg with foot flexed as high as you can go. Lower leg and repeat for a total of 10 times.
8. Lastly, hold the side plank for a count of 10 and lower down. Repeat exercises #6-8 on opposite side. Rest for 60 seconds and repeat entire sequence 1 or 2 more times for a total ab workout!
Don’t forget to favorite this video on YouTube. If you are not a subscriber, please subscribe xoxo You will not be emailed when I upload a new video, but each time you visit YouTube you will be able to see on your homepage if I have uploaded a new video or not.
What kind of routine would you like to see next on my YouTube channel? Did you try this workout? Were you dying or do you want it harder?
Disclaimer: As part of my participation in this program, Champion sent me these clothes for review. My reviews are honest and truthful. If I do not like a product, I simply do not review it or tell you why I am not a fan.