As you know, I’ve been uploading videos all August featuring Back To School tips, workouts and recipes. Here is Claire from The Slender Student sharing with you all of you a delicious and sweet recipe you make in your dorm room using just a microwave! Don’t forget to check out my newest video featuring healthy snacks for in between classes!
Hi guys! I’m Claire, otherwise known as The Slender Student. As a super senior, I’m no stranger to back to school season and the nutritional challenges that come with it. Things are even trickier for freshmen whose kitchens solely consist of a microwave.
With a little creativity, though, it is possible to turn your dorm room into your very own Slender Student HQ. Today’s recipe is the perfect study (or Orange Is the New Black marathon) snack. Since popcorn is a whole grain, this snack is sweetly satisfying and ading your own flavoring keeps it low calorie!
I’ll be posting more dorm room recipes this week on my blog, so be sure to check out www.theslenderstudent.com!
Servings: 1 | Calories per serving: 170
Fat: 3.0 g (Sat Fat: 1.0 g) | Carbohydrate: 34.5 g | Fiber: 8.0 g| Protein: 6.0 g
- 2 tablespoons unpopped popcorn kernels
- ½ tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 packet Diet Swiss Miss hot chocolate
1. Place the popcorn kernels in a brown paper lunch bag and fold the edge over 3 times.
2. Place the lunch bag down lengthwise in the microwave and set for 2-3 minutes. Remove the popcorn once you start hearing 3-5 second pauses between pops.
3. Remove the popcorn from the microwave and while it’s still hot, add in the hot chocolate and chocolate chips. Shake the bag to distribute evenly.
Note from Sarah: While I do not currently share recipes featuring artificial ingredients that might be included in diet swiss miss on my blog, I admit that in college, I did consume these foods on a regular basis due to the cost and am still alive. I still chew gum on occasion and do have a diet coke once in awhile. I prefer aspartame over Splenda but try to avoid both when I can or opt for stevia. Do the best you can do. Use a regular hot chocolate mix that does not include aspartame if you prefer to eat more clean.