In High School, the macronutrient I always looked at on a nutrition label was fat, thanks to the low-fat diet craze. In College, it was fiber and carbs courtesy of Weight Watchers and Atkins. Post college I studied nutrition and fitness more, getting certified to be a personal trainer and reading countless articles in Oxygen, Women’s Health, Self, Shape, or Fitness Magazine. Eating a clean diet that usually consists of 35% of my calories coming from protein (128 grams) has been a key factor in my ability to maintain my post college weight loss and active lifestyle.
Since June, I’ve written 8 blogs posts with information and proof showing why protein is not a fad but here to stay. Here is a quick run down of the information:
- Learn the basics including what you need to know about protein.
- Not sure how much protein you need? Find out here.
- What is the difference between whey, casein and soy protein?
- Now you know you need to eat more protein, but what foods are the best sources for protein? Some might surprise you!
- Lacking energy? Protein might help with that!
- Need inspiration, or lack motivation? Read up on my favorite mantras and motivational boosters.
- Got a workout buddy? Here is why protein should be your workout companion.
- Don’t believe me? Check out some amazing testimonials from you!
Eat This For More Energy and Weight Loss
It’s the Energy For Everyday Contest! My summer challenge to all my viewers!
Check out how I used protein to power me through my move last month!
In college, I would create myself little study guide outlines to help remember the important stuff. I thought you all might appreciate this:
Premier Protein, one of my favorite protein shake and bar companies, made this series of Protein blog posts possible for all of you. You can find Premier Protein at Costco, Walmart and Sam’s Club. Check out Premier Protein on Facebook.
As you know, I am hosting a contest for a few more days called “Energy for Every Day.” If you haven’t tried adding protein to your life, now is your chance. Winners will receive a gift pack worth $250 from Premier Protein complete with delicious products, including a $200 cash prize to keep you active and on the go. Think of that running or camping gear you’ve needed, plus more fun swag!
To enter, watch my video below and think about the moment when your energy crashes and you need an extra boost the most. Answer the following question in the comments section of the video: “I need protein most when… ______________” and be sure to check out Premier Protein on Facebook!
You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel in the meantime to make sure you don’t miss the next video when it goes live!
This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Premier Protein. All thoughts and opinions are my own.