Thanksgiving for me is a time to indulge but also sweat. As a 29 year old who kicks her own ass 5 days a week, a 5K isn’t cutting it before I sit down to enjoy my stuffing and pumpkin pie. For some people, that may be enough but for me, it’s not.
If you are away from home visiting relatives or your beau’s family here are a few ways to workout efficiently while visiting them. I like to earn my wine.
One of the tips in the video above is to bring along your laptop or tablet for online workouts. Here are a few of my favorites that you can do while following along.
- Black Friday Bootcamp Workout – 15 minute Total Body Workout
- Exercise Ball Ab Workout – 10 minute Ab Workout
- Skinny Minnie Midsection Ab Routine with Jennifer Phelan - 5 Minute Ab Workout
- Lean Mean Legging Routine – 10 minute Butt Workout
- Slim and Sculpted Arms – 10 minute Arm Workout
- At Home Barry’s Bootcamp Workout – Blog Post, NOT VIDEO
If you are more of the walking person, here are 4 ways to amp up your walk after Thanksgiving dinner, before hand or even on Black Friday. I wrote this post for The Laughing Cow community and had to dig outside my comfort zone as I’m a hard core runner for the most part. I have however had my fair share of hung over Thanksgivings where even a walk was almost too strenuous on my stomach. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is the busiest night of the year for many bars.
Barry’s Bootcamp is holding classes on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. CorePower Yoga in Medford is holding a community class which is free. Many studios are open because they know people want to workout so if yours is closed and you don’t want to do it alone, get googling!
As you know I love my Laughing Cow cheese. Here are a few sandwich ideas from my buddy Tina Haupert, Carrots’n’Cake, featuring a few of her favorite sandwich combos using Thanksgiving leftovers and of course TLC wedges.
My personal favorite is sliced turkey with a little white cheddar and an apple for a post workout snack to refuel. I will admit I’ve added stuffing and cranberry sauce in the past to the turkey roll up… the leftovers got to get eaten by somebody right?
Here are my other favorite Thanksgiving recipes in case you are the hostess or have offered to bring a dish:
- Paleo Gluten Free Stuffing
- Low Cal Pumpkin Pie
- 100-calorie Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars with cheesecake topping
- Apple Crumble Bars via Chocolate Covered Katie
- Potato Parsnip Mash via Skinny Taste
- Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf for the Vegans via Oh She Glows
- Clean Lean Green Bean Casserole via detoxinista
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts via Clean Eating Mag
- More Recipes from Eating Bird Food’s Thanksgiving round-up Last year that kicks ass
What are you doing for a workout on Thanksgiving? I’m going to go for a 6-mile run!
As you all know, I am a community leader for The Laughing Cow Bell Brands. While I am compensated for my participation, all thoughts and opinions are my own.