In Boston, there are not a ton of gyms or fitness studios with childcare. The number of options however seem to be increasing by the week. Here is a current list of all the studios in the city I recommend that you can visit once your doctor gives you the green light to start exercising again. For a general list of my favorite studios in the city, you can visit this page.
This is a growing list. If you would like your gym or class to be added to this list, leave your suggestion in the comments.
Gyms with Child Care – Monthly Memberships
I have not tried the childcare at any of these locations. They are great options if you are looking for flexible hours or have a 9-5 and need after work hours. You can use the childcare at many of the locations without being a member too like at Healthworks but call to find out specific details. Equinox and the BAC also have extra programs for kids.
Equinox, Downtown Avery Street Location
- Reservations recommended via phone call, 6 kids per 1 adult max allowed
- Open Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 7 PM, Sat + Sun 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Cost: $15 per child, two-hour max (3-6 months max 1.5 hours)
- Has additional programs for kids
Equinox, Back Bay Location
- Minimum age 6 months
- Reservations recommended
- Cost $10/per kid, 2 hour max
- Open everyday 8 AM – 2 PM, Additional hours Mon, Tues + Wed 4:30-7 PM
Healthworks, all 4 locations including Back Bay, Cambridge, Coolidge Corner + Chestnut Hill
- Reservations are highly recommended but lots of hours to choose from that vary based on location
- Kids 6 weeks to 12 years old are welcome
- Will only accept a max of 2 infants at any given time, 6 weeks to 15 months are considered infants
- Cost: $15 per child, or buy a package for cheaper options like $99 unlimited monthly
- You can use child care too if you are not a member by signing up for classes or gym use through ClassPass.
- Ages 3 months – 10 years old
- Cost: $10 per visit 2 hour limit or $19.95 or a monthly childcare membership in addition to membership
- No reservations required (*according to the front desker who answered my phone call)
Boston Athletic Club (Southie)
- Flexible hours with a 3 hour max
- Monday – Friday 9 AM – 1 PM, Monday – Thursday 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Sat + Sun 8:30 – 11:30 AM
- Cost: $8/hour member, $10/hour non-member (Physical therapy, Chiropractor, Hair Salon services)
Reservations recommended 3 days in advance for rush hour times
Studios with Child Care
These classes use separate sitter services like Sensible Sitters or Summer Sitters. Reservations are required and you will get a confirmation. You do not have to be a member. You can buy studio packages, single drop ins or you can sign up using your ClassPass account and then pay separately for child care. Make sure that BOTH you and your child have confirmed spots.
- Tuesday + Thursdays at 8:30 AM
- 4 spots for children 6 weeks and up.
- Cost: $10/child – will stay 30 mins after class is over for mom to shower
- Uses Summer Sitters, kids hang in lobby area, some toys provided
- Monday, Wednesday + Friday at 9:30 AM
- 4 spots for children 6 weeks and up.
- Cost: $5/child
- Private babysitter Courtnay, kids hang out downstairs in the play room with TV and toys.
- Also has child care at the Wellesley studio.
Flywheel/FlyBarre, Back Bay (Indoor cycling + Barre)
- Tuesdays + Thursday at 9:30 and 10:30 AM
- 6 spots total, non mobile babies only, 6 weeks and up.
- Cost: FREE – sign up using this link. Spots are open starting the Sunday before.
- Sensible Sitters, chill with babies in courtyard area of Pru across from studio. Babies should be in a stroller but sitters pick up the kids if they are upset or walk around the mall.
*Bar Method has child care at their Hingham location. I love this studio in Boston and hope they bring sitters soon to the city.
Classes for Mom to take with Baby
These classes are designed for you to take with your non crawling baby. At a student, you hope your baby sleeps the entire time. Some classes suggest bringing them in their car seat to chill or a baby carrier to wear them during your squats. Either way, if you have a spot reserved, so does your kiddo and there’s no extra charge.
Babies on Board, Xtend Barre, Back Bay – Monday + Wednesday 11 AM
Mom and Baby Yoga, Yoga Beacon Hill – Wednesdays 10 AM
GF Mommy and Me, Healthworks Back Bay – Wednesdays 10:30 AM
*Know a class or studio I should add here? Let me know in the comments!*