If you love following along with my Instagram workouts, you’ll love my new YouTube video today!
Here is the 2nd workout from my prenatal workout guide, focusing on the 2nd trimester. If you are in your first trimester, this workout is also safe. If you are not pregnant, this is also a great low impact workout to do at home with a pair of dumbbells.
If you are in your third trimester, some of these moves may not feel comfortable or may be challenging to get in and out of. For that reason, if something doesn’t feel good, stop. As always, talk to your OBGYN to make sure it is safe for you to continue exercising during your pregnancy. Most likely, you are good to go, but be safe and listen to your body.
As with all my prenatal workout for the prenatal workout guide, this one is broken up into 2 sets. Do 2 rounds of the first 4 moves. Take a short break and then do 2 rounds of the next 4 moves. If you have time and/or energy, do one last giant set of all 8 exercises back to back for a 3 final set of each move.
- 24 Single Leg Lunge (12 on each side, dumbbells optional)
- 12 Crab Walk Squats
- 12 Serve The Platter (I used 8 lb dumbbells but you can use 3-8 lb dumbbells)
- 40 Upright Row Squat (I used an 8 lb dumbbell in video but you can use a kettlebell up to 20 lbs!)
- 12 Tricep Extensions (I used 2 8 lb dumbbells)
- 12 Curl and Press with Squat (I used 8 lb dumbbells)
- 24 Reverse Lunge to Balance (12 each leg)
- 24 Candle Stick Crunches (12 on each leg)
If you have any questions leave them below, get the full prenatal workout guide here.