This weekend in New England looks like it is going to be gorgeous! I am hosting my sister’s bridal shower and could not be more thrilled with the forecast. I’m also pretty proud of my Pinterest in real life DIY skills. For a quick recap of the week I figured I would share my work out schedule since people seem to ask me frequently what I do.
- Monday: MetCon (45 minutes), Ab Blast (15 minutes), Barre Burn (45 minutes) <-Not typical. I had nothing else to do.
- Tuesday: Ran 5 miles (5 min warm up, 1 minute fast, 3 minutes slow, repeat until I got home)
- Wednesday: Ran 3 miles and did Hip Hop Yoga for 60 minutes
- Thursday: Ran 5 miles (5 min warm up, ran fast for .5 miles, ran slow for .5 miles, repeat until I got home).
- Friday: Cardio Barre Burn (60 minutes)
I do not typically take 3 classes (see Monday) but the weekend was a splurge fest, I had tons of energy, thanks to an afternoon iced coffee, and Roomie wasn’t going to be home until late.
I recently put on a few lb’s which is why I’ve been adding in the intervals and MetCon class. Since I think people lie about how much they weigh, I wanted to post this picture I took after filming on Wednesday. The top is by MPG and bottoms by New Balance. The morning this picture was taken I weighed 138 lbs (I’m 5’4 and 3/4 of an inch tall). My “happy weight” or when I feel the most confident is at 132 lbs.
Since the weather is looking ravishing, I figured I would re-post one of my most popular recipes from my Tumblr page for new followers. A friend in the Junior League made this for our last provisional group meeting and it was a huge hit!
Texas Caviar – Summer BBQ Recipe
Texas Caviar Recipe
- 2 avocados
- 2 tomatoes (remove pulp inside)
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 can Green Giant Mexicorn
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cilantro chopped to taste
- 1/3 c white vinegar
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 packet good seasons Italian seasoning (mix with vinegar and olive oil)
Chop it all up and mix it together. Double for a large party.
I am also planning on making my Truffle Balls but with a cake twist and blue vanilla frosting. I bought lollipop sticks to make them as cake balls. For a stand, I purchased a block of Styrofoam and plan to paint silver and anchor the sticks into it.
Earlier in this post I revealed that I had gained a few pounds. Now I’m sharing the processed food dessert I’m making for the shower. I guess I’m a walking example of why weight loss is always a battle.
No one ever lost weight by accident (unless they were sick). It really takes deliberate and mental effort 24/7.
My theory is that we aren’t getting a cake, so at least a cake balls are portion controlled right?