Do you love dessert, even after you know you’ve eaten too much? Welcome to the land of Thanksgiving dessert recipes, where you know you don’t need the extra calories but the sweet ending is sometimes the best part! After all, isn’t T-day about indulgence? The trick is to have options that aren’t glutenous. This pumpkin pie recipe has only 120 calories per serving. It’s simple and tastes great.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Recipe (Makes 8 servings, Prep Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 50 minutes)
- 4 Graham Cracker Sheets (100% whole wheat preferably)
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Butter (I used Greek Yogurt Butter by Ilios)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (canned)
- 3/4 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar (can be substituted for Honey, Maple Syrup or Sugar)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all crust ingredients in a blender or food processor. Dump into a pie dish and press down firmly into the edges of the pan. Cook in the over for 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Combine all filling ingredients. Blend well until it is a smooth like consistency. Pour into crust. Cook on high at 425 for 5-7 minutes. Turn heat down to 350 for another 20-25 minutes or until filling set. Let cool before you cut and serve. Top with a little whip cream if you like. Makes 8 servings.