Naturally skinny people can eat what they like in moderation without second thoughts. People who struggle to maintain their ideal, feel good weight should know what these 7 naturally slimming foods are and incorporate them into their diet to make their battle with the scale stress free.
They help you feel and look skinny. All have been proven, except one, to either block fat absorption in the gut, speed up metabolism, tame blood sugar levels or help metabolize fat. If you like to watch videos, here it is on YouTube below. The one that has not been proven is widely used by many health and fitness experts. However, its healthy reputation is more of a holistic belief than scientific. I use it regularly and swear by it. So do many fitness competitors and people with a variety of ailments.
1. Grapefruit – As part of a 12-week study performed by the Scripps Clinic, participants who at 1/2 a grapefruit before each meal lost an average of 3.6 lbs without changing other aspects of their diet. Many lost more than 10 lbs! [Study] It’s believed the grapefruit not only helps stabilize blood sugar while filling you up on fiber but it also helps metabolize fat for energy. When following my favorite diet plan strictly, I eat one every day between breakfast and lunch. If the tart taste is off-putting to you, try adding some stevia on top.
2. Chili Peppers – Spicy foods like chili peppers and cayenne pepper have been shown to increase metabolism thanks to the antioxidant capsaicin. According to a study conducted by UCLA, the calorie burn in an individual after consuming a meal with capsaicin doubled when compared to a meal without. Some studies have even found that it decreases appetite.
3. Coffee – Yes coffee sometimes get’s a bad reputation but experts can’t deny the studies that have shown caffeine can decrease appetite. Another study showed that people who consumed coffee 45 minutes before working out burned more calories than their counter parts who did not. The caffeine reduces the amount of “pain” a person perceives and as a result is able to workout harder and or longer. If you are nervous about its diuretic effects, stick to just one cup and leave the Starbucks card at home. Drink plenty of water as well to stay hydrated during your workout. [Study]
4. Lemon – Lemon is a natural diuretic and should be consumed with water. It acts as a cleansing agent for the liver and acts as a detoxifier, helping your body get rid of unwanted waste. I do not believe in detox or liquid diets. Most experts agree that your body naturally cleanses itself, and lemon helps aid in this process. It helps shed extra water weight, so if you tend to bloat around your period, drinking water with extra lemon might help reverse the visual effects.
5. Vinegar – Vinegar has many benefits. In regards to weight loss it has not been proven through any studies sufficiently just yet, but many show promise that vinegar also acts as a detoxifier, killing unwanted harmful bacteria in the gut and helping move along the process of digestion. It also has shown that it blocks the absorption of fat in the stomach. Apple Cider Vinegar is a secret weapon in the fitness industry. It helps people who might be constipated and consequently, creates that flatter looking stomach. Using vinegar on salads also reduces the amount of calories you would otherwise be consuming if you were to choose a creamy version.
6. Almonds – Almonds are nutrient dense, helping your skin look fabulous and keeping your hunger at bay. A study recently found that participants who ate almonds daily were more likely to lose weight despite eating more calories than a group that did not eat almonds at all. [Study] The almonds helped satiate the dieters and reducing their hunger. As a snack in the afternoon, have a handful of almonds. Each one contains 7 calories, so make sure you stay under 200.
7. Cinnamon – Cinnamon makes your oatmeal taste wonderful and helps control blood sugar levels. A high carb meal might spike insulin levels, which may cause you to feel hungry when you should be full, but studies have shown the cinnamon helps tame these levels. Try adding it to your breakfast of with tea at night.
There are many other foods that are naturally slimming but these are 7 that I eat on a daily or weekly basis. Tea, artichokes, asparagus and more also promote weight loss but these are my trusted buddies. Do you have any favorite slimming foods? Which of these do you regularly use?
I try to always make time to make and drink TIU’s Meta-D (especially after a night out.) It seems to really help with balancing out my system. My other go-to slim buddy is none other than water! Being hydrated makes such a difference in the number you see in on the scale.
I’ve heard of the apple cider vinegar trick before, but I was wondering how much I shoud have on a daily/weekly basis in order to actually have it make a difference. I’m a little concerned about how the acidity can affect tooth enamel over time, so I want to make sure I’m only consuming as mucha s I need!
I take two tablespoons each day with breakfast. I mix it with water and all-natural apple juice, and I also sprinkle cinnamon and cayenne pepper in. It tastes like apple cider to me! At first it was a bit hard to get down since it’s so acidic, but after a while, I began to crave it. Hope this helps!
I tried exactly what you said this morning: (water, -Apple juice, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper and cinnamon and now I have an incredibly painful cramp just under my left rib… What could that be? The acidity? Any tips?
Ashley Fahr says
I’m so glad you listed these foods as naturally slimming, because I love all of them! And it’s stinks that coffee gets a bad rep, but probably because no one should be drinking gallons of it a day. Regardless, I’ll now enjoy my morning cup ‘o joe a little more guilt free 🙂 Hope all is well with you!
does vinegar have side effects?