Finding childcare in Boston at a gym has gotten so much easier since I had Tommy. No longer are moms only able to workout at the big gyms but plenty of fitness studios also offer babysitting at select times. I wrote a post 2 years ago on this topic and realized it needed a serious update so here is a current list of all the studios and gyms in Boston where you can workout with your little one in tow.
For a general list of my favorite studios in the city, you can find out here. I was a regular at Recycle and BTone with Tommy in tow. I usually brought him to my gym’s babysitting or went to classes before Nick went to work.
You might remember that I was teaching a Mommy + Me Bootcamp at Burn on Mondays and I am hoping to go back but taking some time off.*
*If you would like your gym or class to be added to this list, leave your suggestion in the comments.*
Studios with Child Care
These classes use separate sitter services like Sensible Sitters or Summer Sitters. Reservations are required and you will get a confirmation. You do not have to be a member. You can buy studio packages, single drop ins or you can sign up using your ClassPass account and then pay separately for child care. Make sure that BOTH you and your child have confirmed spots.
- Tuesday + Thursdays at 8:30 AM, Wednesdays 9 am
- 4 spots for children 6 weeks and up.
- Cost: $10/child – will stay 30 mins after class is over for mom to shower
- Uses Summer Sitters, kids hang in lobby area or next door at CouCou, some toys provided
- Monday, Wednesday + Friday at 9:30 AM in North End
- Tuesday + Thursday at 11:15 am, Wednesday at 10:15 am in Back Bay
- 4 spots for children 6 weeks and up.
- Cost: $5/child
- Private babysitter Courtnay, kids hang out downstairs in the play room with TV and toys.
- Also has child care at the Wellesley studio.
Flywheel/FlyBarre, Back Bay (Indoor cycling + Barre)
- Tuesdays + Thursday at 10:30 AM
- 6 spots total, non mobile babies only, 6 weeks and up.
- Cost: FREE – sign up using this link. Spots are open starting the Sunday before.
- Sensible Sitters, chill with babies in courtyard area of Pru across from studio. Babies should be in a stroller but sitters pick up the kids if they are upset or walk around the mall.
Bar Method, Back Bay (Barre) – My review here
- Tuesday – Friday at 9:30 AM
- $12 per kid or buy a package of 10 for $100
Barre3, South End (Barre)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:45 & 12:15
- Tuesday &Thursday 8:30 & 9:45
- Saturday & Sunday 8:30, 9:45 & 11
- Pricing: Member $5, non members $8
- Packages of 10 can be purchased $45 for members and $70 for nonmembers
If you do not live in Boston, here are more options featuring classes just outside!
Classes for Mom to take with Baby
These classes are designed for you to take with your non crawling baby. At a student, you hope your baby sleeps the entire time. Some classes suggest bringing them in their car seat to chill or a baby carrier to wear them during your squats. Either way, if you have a spot reserved, so does your kiddo and there’s no extra charge.
Stroller Bootcamp with Jenn Phelan, Charlestown Bunker Hill Monument Tuesday + Friday 10:30 – 11:15 am, runs through mid-October, sign up here for $20 drop ins.
Mom + Me Pilates Series with Jenn Phelan, North End Yoga Starts Friday October 26th – runs for 4 weeks 10:45-11:30 am, $90 for all 4 classes
Southie Stroller Bootcamp at M Street Park with Boston Naps, Thursdays at 10 am
Fit for Babe with Boston Naps, Mondays at 1 pm
Mom + Baby Barre with Heidi Anderson at Boston Naps, Wednesday at 11:30 am
Barbells and Babies at Little Lovage – Mondays at 9:30 AM, sign up for 6 week long program, starts 9/24 and then 11/5 ($125 or $150).
Babies on Board, Xtend Barre, Back Bay – Monday + Wednesday 11 AM
Mom and Baby Yoga, Yoga Beacon Hill – Wednesdays 10 AM
GF Mommy and Me, Healthworks Back Bay – Wednesdays 10:30 AM
Mom and Baby Yoga, O2 Yoga
- Monday afternoons with Barrett at the Somerville studio: 2pm-3:15pm
- Thursday mornings with Barrett in the Cambridge studio: 10am-11:15am
- Friday mornings with Jill at the Somerville studio: 10am-11:15am
Gyms with Child Care – Monthly Memberships
I have not tried the childcare at any of these locations. They are great options if you are looking for flexible hours or have a 9-5 and need after work hours. You can use the childcare at many of the locations without being a member too like at Healthworks through ClassPass but call to find out specific details. Equinox and the BAC also have extra programs for kids.
Equinox, Downtown Avery Street Location
- Reservations recommended via phone call, 6 kids per 1 adult max allowed
- Open Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 7 PM, Sat + Sun 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Cost: $15 per child, two-hour max (3-6 months max 1.5 hours)
- Has additional programs for kids like Busy Bees (preschool alternative) where you can actually leave the building for two hours.
Equinox, Back Bay Location
- Minimum age 6 months
- Reservations recommended
- Cost $10/per kid, 2 hour max
- Open everyday 8 AM – 2 PM, Additional hours Mon, Tues + Wed 4:30-7:30 PM
Healthworks, all 4 locations including Back Bay, Cambridge, Coolidge Corner + Chestnut Hill
- Reservations are highly recommended but lots of hours to choose from that vary based on location
- Kids 6 weeks to 12 years old are welcome
- Will only accept a max of 2 infants at any given time, 6 weeks to 15 months are considered infants
- Cost: $15 per child, or buy a package for cheaper options like $99 unlimited monthly
- You can use child care too if you are not a member by signing up for classes or gym use through ClassPass.
- Ages 3 months – 10 years old
- Cost: $10 per visit 2 hour limit or $19.95 or a monthly childcare membership in addition to membership
- No reservations required (*according to the front desker who answered my phone call)
Boston Athletic Club (Southie)
- Flexible hours with a 3 hour max
- Monday – Friday 9 AM – 1 PM, Monday – Thursday 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Sat + Sun 8:30 – 12/11:30 AM
- Cost: $8/hour member, $10/hour non-member (Physical therapy, Chiropractor, Hair Salon services)
Reservations recommended 3 days in advance for rush hour times
YMCA, Huntington Ave – a reader shared that childcare is FREE included in your adult membership that is just $60/month. I couldn’t find too much info online for this but wanted to make sure I included it as it is way more affordable than most listed.
University Club of Boston (Back Bay)
A lot of people ask me where I work out using the Peloton in a gym and it is here at the Uclub. Nick has been a member for years and I only joined when Tommy was born to take advantage of the gym/office setting with childcare. Babysitting is $10 for the first hour and then $8 after that, with a max of 2 hours. The hours are 9-1 Tuesday-Friday and then Saturday 9-2 pm and Sunday 10-1 pm. It’s a process to join and there is currently a waitlist but if you are planning to stay in the city with kids for the long term it’s an invaluable resource in my opinion and very family friendly!
*Know a class or studio I should add here? Let me know in the comments!*