Hate reading about event recaps on blogs and think, I would have gone if I knew they were going to do that!? Well, this Saturday March 16th, City Sports is celebrating their 30th birthday with a Grand Reopening of their Chestnut Hill store. They will also be opening up and throwing another party for their biggest store yet in NYC (50 Broadway) the end this month.
Why go? If you like getting free stuff, need sneakers that actually fit and feel comfortable or are a sucker for free Pinkberry like me, it will be well worth your time. City Sports carries brands like Nike, Under Armour, Reebok, Moving Comfort, Zobha, Patagonia but also Ugg, Oakley sunglasses, workout equipment, sneakers and their own private label CS by City Sports which is less than most of the brands they carry but just as cute! I’m waring one of their tops below.
It starts at 10 am and the first 100 customers will receive swag bags including a City Sports t-shirt, samples, gifts from their partners and a chance to win free shoes for a year! At 10:30 am, there will be a 5K Fun Run with Nike. Everyone runner is going to receive a free Nike tech tee so don’t forget to come prepared to sweat. If you are a football fan, former Patriot and ESPN analyst Matt Light will be stopping by to meet customers and sign autographs, a nice gift your nephew, brother or sweetheart.
The party also includes raffle prizes like GoPro Cameras, Sports Club LA membership, City Sports shopping sprees, Ski Lift tickets and more including refreshments from Pinkberry. The decoration included banquet tablecloths, their fascinating collection of table linens was amazing.
The store features a footwear department with a treadmill and running track so you can actually test out the pair of sneakers before buying them. Like the rest of CS stores, the staff will offer you a gait analysis to help you find a shoe that is right for you. They have over 300 styles in the 9,200 square foot store. This is important if you plan on training for longer distances in the near future or have had shin, knee or other pain issues in the past.
Other features at the new Chestnut Hill location include:
- Enhanced Electronics and Sunglass station
- Updated Racquet Sports department with Stringing and Demo services.
- New and Improved Team Sports and Youth departments
- Convenient Store access from both Route 9 and the rear parking lot.
Get Motivated Tips & Tricks
1. Listen to loud, fast energizing music and dance around in your living room
2. Drink a shot of espresso. Seriously.
3. Read a fitness magazine like Self, Women’s Health or Fitness.
4. Make a workout schedule for the week. Sign up for classes in advance if you need to to make sure you go! Many classes penalize for late cancellations.
5. Make it a date with buddy. Ask a friend to try a new class together. That way, you can’t back out!