There are few recipes as easy and delicious as baked oatmeal. I shared this recipe before Christmas here on SarahFit.com but in case you missed it, here is the video version of my favorite meal prep breakfast.
Once again, here is the recipe:
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes, Total Time: 40 minutes | Serves 4-5
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beat
- 2 bananas, 1 mashed, one sliced
- 1.5 cups almond milk or other milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional add ins: ¼ cup walnuts or pecans, 1 cup blueberries, ¼ cup raisins, etc…
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 ceramic or glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine egg, 1 mashed banana, Almond milk and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients as well as optional add ins.
- Add the sliced banana to the top of the baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake oatmeal for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool and enjoy.
If you watch the video, you will notice that I said to use only one egg. After playing with the recipe a few more times, I decided that I prefer it to be made with 2 eggs instead of one.
Nutrition Info for 4 servings without optional ingredients:
233 calories, 7g of fat, 35g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 5g sugar, 10g protein
If you are looking for more breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes for your New Year’s weight loss resolutions, you can get a special meal plan that I created exclusively for my DietBet but you can download it for $0.99 through my app.