I teased you guys back in August with this picture on Instagram and finally I’m sharing the full recipe for this Gooey Caramel Monkey Bread!
I was in NYC shooting a few recipe videos for Truvia featuring their newest product, Brown Sugar Blend which has 75% fewer calories and 50% less sugar than regular brown sugar. I was shocked at how good it tasted in both recipes we made.
We made chocolate chip cookies and monkey bread. Today I am sharing the Monkey Bread Recipe because it was seriously delicious! It is not “healthy” but it is a delicious weekend brunch treat.
I believe in moderation and I love sugar so things like this may not seem “SarahFit” friendly on the outside but really they are. I couldn’t stop eating this after the final take!
This recipe is from the Truvia website. Check it out for more tasty recipes.
Gooey Caramel Monkey Bread (Makes 12 servings, Takes 45 minutes)
What you’ll need:
- 1⁄3 cup Truvía® Baking Blend
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend, packed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray fluted tube pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix Truvía® Baking Blend and cinnamon in a 1-gallon food storage bag.
- Separate refrigerator biscuits and cut each one into quarters.
- Drop the dough pieces into the bag and shake lightly to coat with the Truvía® Baking Blend and cinnamon mixture.
- Place the coated dough pieces in the tube pan and sprinkle any extra mixture on top.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, bring butter and Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly then pour over biscuits.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, turn pan upside down on a plate to release the monkey bread.
- Pull apart to serve.
Nutrition Facts: 160 calories, 5g fat, 28g carbs, 1g fiber, 6g sugar, 3g protein
Disclosure: I am part of the 2014 Truvia Kitchen Cabinet. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment says
This recipe will be great for the holidays! Thank you for sharing.
Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out says
These look so good. A weekend treat for sure!
Linda @ the Fitty says
Looks delightful! You might want to be careful with Truvia though--I hear not so great things about it.
This sounds amazing!! Perfect holiday recipe 🙂
Ellen @ Wannabe Health Nut says
YUM! I’m keeping this ace up my sleeve for when my mother-in-law visits in a couple months. Thanks!
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness says
That picture is making me drool….looks delicious!