I’ve been planning this post for the past 4 months. Now, it’s finally here and I don’t really know how to begin so I’m just going to come right out and say it.
I’m going to be gaining at least 25 lbs over the next 4.5 months because the “Fit Family” is officially expanding! Little Fit is estimated to arrive January 3rd which means I’m 20 weeks pregnant.
We already know the sex, the picture below was taken at that ultrasound but I’ll reveal it in another post with old wives tales and whether they were true or not.
I explain a lot of things in my new video today but here are a few details you may or may not care to know:
- I ran the Boston Marathon technically 3 weeks pregnant which explains why I never could get in the zone and couldn’t wait until I was finished.
- We found out on the earliest day technically possible for at home tests while on vacation in Budapest. Yes, I took a pregnancy test in Hungary and it was fun googling directions and results since there were no English translations. I just knew because I was craving french fries at 10pm – just 2 hours after eating dinner. This craving should have been for something chocolate! I took this selfie to remember the moment I knew I was pregnant.
We found a food truck in Budapest selling french fries and cheese. SCORE. Then Roomie documented the moment HE knew I was pregnant. I didn’t actually take the test until the following morning but our suspicions were in fact confirmed.
- In many of the SFit promos I’m 17 weeks pregnant, as well as with every video I’ve shot since the marathon.
- This baby is already one well-traveled nugget. It has been to Prague, Vienna, Budapest, LA, Las Vegas, Mexico twice, Grand Cayman, St Thomas, St Kitts, Virginia, Newport, Santa Barbara, Maine and more!
- So yes, that too means I went to Vegas for a bachelorette party sober…
After being together for almost 8 years, Roomie and I knew that 2015 would be the year that our family would grow. We are not changing out last names to Fit for those that still haven’t realized that post was a joke. In the future we may walk down the aisle but as of right now, spending $$$ of our own money on a party is low on the list of priorities. Starting a family with my best friend and love of my life was and at 31 years old we knew it was time.
We told our family right away but waited until 12 weeks to start telling our friends. I was outed at the 4th of July not because I wasn’t drinking but because my girlfriends wanted to know why on earth I was eating a bagel. Instead of beer, I sipped on kids Honest lemonade pouches and water.
We wanted to tell a few other friends in person that we would not see until the end July and coupled with my hectic travel, today was really the first day we could get a video uploaded to YouTube in August. I also was hoping to show a bigger bump for a fun picture.
Above was taken at 12 weeks and below is now. I’ve gained about 10 lbs since Budapest which means I’m right on track for a healthy weight gain of 25-35 lbs.
Watch the video for more details. I’ll be doing a follow up video since I’m sure many of you will have questions. You can leave them down below.
My good friends know how much I loved Britney Spears from 1999-2007 so of course I had to pretend that I was going to copy that viral announcement video.
Also – I no longer will be referring to Nick as Roomie… RIP. My family suggested, “Nick” but we think that is boring, so we decided on NickFit since so many of you actually thought we were narcissistic enough to do that in the first place.