July has been one of the best and busiest months I have had in a long time! Good weather, friends, family and will power! Yes, will power. I’ve managed to stick with my training plan for the most part even though I’ve been traveling a ton. I just finished posting at CrushingTheCourse.com and wanted to share with you my top tips for vacation workouts. Read the entire article by clicking the link above.
While it may not be convenient or logistically possible to continue your regular training program while on vacation there are ways to maintain. Here are my top tips for sticking to a training schedule while on Vacation:
- Plan in advance what days you plan to do what exact workout and at what time. Set an appointment with an agenda.
- If early morning workouts are scheduled, lay out your clothes, sneakers, heart rate monitor and wake up snack the night before.
- Get a little lost during your long cardio days. This is a favorite of mine. I love to explore new trails and often find I can run much longer than I though I could or planned.
- Look online for training facilities near by. Many vacation destinations welcome visitors, offering daily, weekly and monthly passes. Expect it to cost you at least $20, but if you call ahead you may be able to get a deal.
- Check out the sites like Groupon and Buy With Me in the city of your vacation a few weeks leading up to it for deals on fitness facilities and classes.
- Bring your special foods for training! I brought with me a few G Series FIT prime bars and smoothies. I’d have one bar before my early workouts and the smoothie when I got back for breakfast with some additional fruit.