The traditional grocery store gets it these days. They started with a “healthy aisle” and now they are offering riced cauliflower and zoodles (spiralized vegetable noodle), along side the bags of lettuce. It’s honestly never been easier to eat well and you don’t have to spend a ton of money to do it.
I always try to “vote” with my dollar and it looks like you guys do too, because big companies are changing what they put out. They are removing artificial colors and flavors, taking out food coloring that may be a health hazard and reformulating recipes to have less junk.
One of my favorite grocery stores to offer healthy alternatives is Stop & Shop. They have had their line Nature’s Promise which is an affordable, all natural and sometimes organic store brand that has chips, chicken sausage, hummus and more.
I recently partnered with them to share a game day grocery haul. My menu is below and check out the video to see what my favorite brands are from blue cheese to chips, guacamole and hummus. P.S. I bought everything for less than $60.
- Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites [recipe]
- Assorted Chicken Sausage with dipping sauce including Buffalo Blue Cheese and Kale Fontina (Nature’s Promise)
- Black Bean Hummus with Sweet and Spicy Corn Salsa & Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Crudite
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs [recipe]
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Spicy Avocado Mash [recipe]
If you’re planning a party during the playoffs, let me know if you make anything or plan to serve something from my own menu.
This video is sponsored by Stop & Shop. All opinions are my own.